Temp Ninja is designed to put you in control of the way in which you manage your relationships with Temporary recruitment agencies. This notice sets out the way in which we, Voyager Software Limited, part of Dillistone Group Plc, will collect and use information about you in a way that is consistent with our responsibilities and your rights under relevant privacy law. Please read it carefully so that you understand how we will use your information.
Information that we collect about you
We have designed Temp Ninja to give you transparency and choice about what personal information is collected and shared through the portal. Some information is necessary to enable us to register your account, but where possible we have established Temp Ninja to enable you to be in control about how your personal information is shared with trusted third parties.
We may collect information about you in a variety of situations. In each case, we will collect the information that we need to provide the Temp Ninja services and connect you to relevant temporary work recruiters. If you do not provide the relevant personal information we will not be able to register your account and manage your preferences through Temp Ninja.
We may collect and use the following information about you:
• Information you submit through the registration process to create your user account. Depending on the login method you chose this could be via a social media account, Microsoft Live account or natively into the application This could include your user name, email address and mobile number.
• Information you submit to when using the application – this includes your employment availability, acceptance of temporary assignments, acknowledgement of rates.• Information you submit to temporary recruiters via the in-app chat functions.
• Information you submit when compiling your communications preferences – you have the option to select and update your communication preferences by reference to a specific Recruiter.
• Automatic Geolocation data – we will automatically collect details about your geolocation using the automatic settings in your phone or mobile device, where these are enabled. If you do not wish us to use this information, you may disable the geolocation technology as it applies to our portal though your phone or mobile device – but this could affect our ability to provide our services to you.
• Information we are provided with by third parties – including Recruiters – who are using our portal to facilitate your engagement in searching for a temporary role.
• Information we automatically collect about your visits to Temp Ninja. Each time you login and use Temp Ninja we will automatically collect login information, and information about the parts of Temp Ninja that you interacted with on each visit. We use this automatically collected information to maintain and improve our services and our site. Web analytics data are not directly linked to individuals and so we do not use this data to attempt to identify you or to make any decisions about you.
How we use your information
We will use your personal information:
• To administer your user profile, confirm your identity and manage updates to your data; enable you to participate in the interactive features of Temp Ninja, and ensure that the Temp Ninja content is presented to you in the most effective manner.
• To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
• To maintain and improve Temp Ninja including the provision of statistical and market analysis, to develop and improve our systems or administer our website for trouble shooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure. Where possible we use this information in an anonymised form to protect your privacy.
• To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising that we serve to you and others
• To keep in touch with you for marketing purposes and let you know about relevant temporary opportunities in accordance with your user profile.
Third parties to whom we may share your information
We recognise that you want to manage and control who has access to your user Profile, and therefore you will manage your preferences and by only completing fields you are comfortable sharing with recruiters. You can also refuse to connect to a Recruiter and they will subsequently not be able to access any of your personal data. Whilst acknowledging your user preferences, we may share your personal information with selected third parties, including:
• Our suppliers and contractors to enable us to provide Temp Ninja, which may include third parties who are located outside of your country of residence. We only use reputable companies and always ensure that they meet our stringent security requirements.
• Other members of the Dillistone Group Plc
• Our various third party partners, including advertisers, and others who may request data analysis services. In providing our data analysis services we do not disclose identifiable information, but anonymous aggregated data using sufficiently large population sizes and activity descriptions that limit the ability of individuals to be identifiable from the data services.
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
• if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
Using your information to keep in touch with you
We may use the information we hold about you in order to contact you in the following circumstances:
• To advise you of changes to Temp Ninja
• To advise you of any security concerns
• Where permitted by law.
• To notify you if a potential employer or their agent has requested to connect with you
Secure collection and storing of your information
All information that you provide to us, or we collect about you is stored on our secure servers. We understand that this includes confidential information and we have put in place a range of suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your information.
You are responsible for keeping your user name and password or other login methodology secure to ensure the information remains confidential.
Our staff have very limited access to your data, and are trained to ensure that it is protected, and kept secure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We do not store your information for longer than is necessary to provide the service, and to ensure that we have appropriate auditable records for business purposes. Your user profile will be retained after you have disabled your account, in case you wish to re-commence the service.
You have the right to request from us access to your own personal information. This is sometimes known as a ‘subject access request’. Additionally, you have the right to request from us:
• that any inaccurate information we hold about you is corrected
• that information about you is deleted in certain situations
• that we stop using your personal information for certain purposes
• that your user profile is provided to you in a portable format
• that decisions about you are not made by wholly automated means
Many of the rights listed above are limited to certain defined circumstances and we may not always be able to comply with your request. We will tell you if this is the case.
If you choose to make a request to us to exercise any of these rights, we will aim to respond to you as soon as we reasonably can but no later than one month.
If you are unhappy with how we are using your personal information or if you wish to complain about how we have handled a request, then please DPO@tempninja.com and we will try to resolve your concerns.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which is the statutory regulator and our Supervisory Authority for data protection law. Details of how to complain to the ICO can be found at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Changes to this privacy notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Law and Jurisdiction
This privacy information notice is subject to the laws of England, and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. If you are domiciled in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland it can be enforced in your local court system.
Please note that should you follow a link to a third-party website that is available from Temp Ninja, the new website is not subject to this Notice, and may have a different approach to the collection and use of your personal information.
Want to know more?
Contact us for a free tour and to see how we can help you take your temporary workers to the next level.